As a data engineer, you’ll leverage the products we build, along with our data warehouse and ETL pipelines, to empower our progressive organization partners to answer critical questions with data. You’ll work alongside our software engineers to develop pipelines in our ETL platform, build production data materializations in BigQuery, and design solutions to pressing analytics and targeting problems in the progressive space.
Community Tech Alliance is a group of progressive technologists and strategists formed to provide data infrastructure building blocks to the progressive ecosystem at a low cost. CTA seeks to uplevel program impact by unlocking the potential of data, using software and data engineering, and removing the barriers to entry. We are a small team of engineers, data practitioners, product managers, and strategists looking to create infrastructure for progressive change.
Community Tech Alliance believes strongly that:
- Inclusive teams are strongest, and supportive work environments take investment, intentionality, and openness
- Empathy is the cornerstone of building smart technology solutions
- All team members should take ownership of the project and team’s development
- Iteration is key, and smart solutions require action not perfection
- Nothing great has been built without making mistakes and learning from them
As a Data Engineer, you should:
- Have experience working to build new pipelines and integrations using cloud platforms like Google Cloud Platform or Amazon Web Services
- Have experience working day-to-day using a popular data warehouse, like Redshift, Vertica, BigQuery, or Snowflake
- Bring a security-first mindset to how we build and support products
- Act autonomously and thrive in a strong team environment, be excited to work in a fully remote role
- Be able to work with, clarify and find creative solutions for ambiguous requirements
We use things like:
- Python and SQL in Linux
- Apache Airflow, DBT, Airbyte, and other open-source data tooling
- Terraform and infrastructure management tools
- Google BigQuery, Google Cloud Identity, Google Cloud Storage, and Google Compute Engine
- Amazon Redshift
We don’t expect every applicant to know or have worked with every technology we’ve listed, so we urge you to apply if you’re interested and some of the above apply to you! We’re looking for engineers of all levels and hiring for the people over the position above all else.
The physical demands here represent those that an employee must meet to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Ability to sit at a computer monitor for extended periods of time
Salary and Benefits
Salary commensurate with experience in the range of $130,000-$155,000 annually.
We are a remote-first organization, so we provide equipment for your home workspace. We offer a competitive compensation salary and benefits package, including:
- Generous healthcare, vision & dental insurance for employees
- Matching 401K contributions
- Generous paid time off (PTO)
- Generous holiday schedule
- Paid family leave
Community Tech Alliance provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.