Infrastructure and Reliability Engineer (DevSecOps)
As an infrastructure and reliability engineer, you’ll lead our DevSecOps work, partnering with our engineering team to find secure, reliable solutions to complex technical challenges. You’ll partner closely with engineering management to ensure that our engineers prioritize observability, reliability, security, and resiliency in our fast-moving environment. You’ll lead us through the (hopefully) occasional fire and help us understand how always to improve our posture.
Our infrastructure leverages powerful open-source and cloud-based tools, including Google BigQuery, Cloud Composer, Airbyte (ELT/ETL), and dbt. We use this tooling to empower our progressive organization partners to help them run effective campaigns and help bring clarity to pressing analytics and targeting problems in the progressive space.
Community Tech Alliance is a group of progressive technologists and strategists formed to provide data infrastructure building blocks to the progressive ecosystem at a low cost. CTA seeks to uplevel program impact by unlocking the potential of data, using software and data engineering, and removing the barriers to entry. We are a small team of engineers, data practitioners, product managers, and strategists looking to create infrastructure for progressive change.
Community Tech Alliance believes strongly that:
- Inclusive teams are strongest, and supportive work environments take investment, intentionality, and openness
- Empathy is the cornerstone of building smart technology solutions
- All team members should take ownership of the project and team’s development
- Iteration is key, and smart solutions require action not perfection
- Nothing great has been built without making mistakes and learning from them
As an Infrastructure and Reliability Engineer, you should:
- Be ready to dive into solving problems hands-on while also leading our high-level approach to architecture, security, and reliability
- Work to solve pressing infrastructure challenges, ensuring our engineers maintain a high level of productivity and confidence when making changes to complex networking and IAM systems
- Deliver a “secure by default” experience for both our engineers and partners
- Have experience working with cloud-based infrastructure projects with multiple engineers or contributors
- Have experience working day-to-day using a popular data warehouse, like Redshift, Vertica, BigQuery, or Snowflake
- Bring a security and reliability-first mindset to how we build and support products
- Have experiencing defining and enforcing a process for incident (security, operational, and reliability) response
We use things like:
- Python, SQL, and Java run in containerized environments on Google Compute Engine and Kubernetes Engine
- HashiCorp Terraform and open-source build and testing tooling
- Google Cloud Platform (too many individual services and APIs to name!)
- Airplane and other cloud-hosted tools that allow us to run an efficient remote team and solve problems quickly and without a lot of overhead
We don’t expect every applicant to know or have worked with every technology we’ve listed, so we urge you to apply if you’re interested and some of the above apply to you! We’re looking for engineers of all levels and hiring for the people over the position above all else.
The physical demands here represent those that an employee must meet to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Ability to sit at a computer monitor for extended periods of time
Salary and Benefits
Salary commensurate with experience in the range of $130,000-$155,000 annually.
We are a remote-first organization, so we provide equipment for your home workspace. We offer a competitive compensation salary and benefits package, including:
- Generous healthcare, vision & dental insurance for employees
- Matching 401K contributions
- Generous paid time off (PTO)
- Generous holiday schedule
- Paid family leave
Community Tech Alliance provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.