Software Engineer (Contractor)
As a leader on the engineering team, you’ll have the opportunity to work on a fresh and wide-ranging codebase, bring a security-first mindset to development, and directly contribute to the culture and success of the organization. Our suite of software tools will require engineers to build out significant portions of our data warehouse and pipelines using industry standard tools and languages as well as handle deployment and operation in the cloud.
Community Tech Alliance is a group of progressive
technologists and strategists formed to provide data infrastructure
building blocks to the progressive ecosystem at a low cost. CTA seeks to
uplevel program impact by unlocking the potential of data, using
software and data engineering, and removing the barriers to entry. We
are a small team of engineers, data practitioners, product managers, and
strategists looking to create infrastructure for progressive change.
Community Tech Alliance believes strongly that:
- Inclusive teams are strongest, and supportive work environments take investment, intentionality, and openness
- Empathy is the cornerstone of building smart technology solutions
- All team members should take ownership of the project and team’s development
- Iteration is key, and smart solutions require action not perfection
- Nothing great has been built without making mistakes and learning from them
As a Software Engineer, you should:
- Have experience collaborating closely with product teams and building with user experience at the forefront
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills
- Bring a security-first mindset to how we build and support products
- Act autonomously, thrive in a strong team environment, be excited to work in a fully remote role
- Be able to work with, clarify and find creative solutions for ambiguous requirements
- Have experience implementing performant test-driven code in ETL platforms
- Have experience with infrastructure and deployments in cloud environments
- Have experience working in a data warehouse or analytics-focused database
We use things like:
- Python, NodeJS, and SQL
- Apache Airflow, Google BigQuery, DBT, Airbyte, and open-source data tooling
- HashiCorp Terraform and open-source build and testing tooling
- Google Cloud Platform (too many individual services and APIs to name!)
- Airplane and other cloud-hosted tools that allow us to run an efficient remote team and solve problems quickly and without a lot of overhead
We don’t expect every applicant to know or have worked with every technology we’ve listed, so we urge you to apply if you’re interested, and some of the above apply to you! We’re looking for engineers of all levels and hiring people over the position above all else.
The physical demands here represent those that an employee must meet to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Ability to sit at a computer monitor for extended periods of time
$150 per hour for part-time work and $16,000 per month for full-time work.
Community Tech Alliance provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.